Maintenance of Your Windows & Doors
Although all windows and doors provided by The Lockwood Window Company are guaranteed (as outlined below), it is important to clean and maintain them on a regular basis.
- All profile and neoprene seals on windows and doors are guaranteed for 10 years.
- All glass carries the manufacturer’s 5 year warranty.
- All fittings also carry the manufacturer’s 5 year warranty.
- All of the above is dependent on the cleaning and maintaining of your new windows and doors.
- Please do not use abrasive materials on your windows and doors, or strong corrosive detergent.
- We recommend cleaning frames with a soft damp cloth using a mild cleaning solution and clean warm water.
- The rebates of the windows and doors should be kept clean and dust free.
- We also recommend the lubrication of all hinges and locks (all moving parts) at least once a year using a silicone spray or 3 in 1 oil for example. (We would not recommend the use of WD40 for moving parts as it is a cleaning agent and dries out the product very quickly).
For a full break down of how to clean and maintain your composite door, please visit the Composite Doors Yorkshire website here.
- General wear and tear is not covered under your guarantee.
- Storm damage is also not covered.
If you have any questions regarding your guarantee or cleaning and maintenance of your windows and doors please get in touch.