Lockwood Windows showroom and factory has now reopened
Published: 15th May 2020
Following the release of new guidelines from the government, we are delighted to have now reopened our doors.
Obviously ensuring both our employees and customers are protected remains of paramount importance, therefore we have put in place strict COVID-safe precautions which are outlined below.
Showroom / Factory
- We will be working with a reduced staff level initially to ensure social distancing measures can be maintained and the team can work safely in both the office and factory environments.
- We have introduced a booking system for our showroom. We ask that if you would like to visit our showroom you call to make an appointment first. We will be restricting this to two people at any one time, and will maintain the recommended two metre distance between our sales adviser and customers.
- We have also implemented a one way system through our showroom facilities with our entrance and exit in different locations.
- Should you decide to visit us on spec we, of course, won’t turn you away, however you may need to wait in our entrance foyer until the customers we are currently with have left.
- We have also introduced additional safe-working practices related to hygiene e.g hand sanitisers throughout the showroom and factory, gloves and masks where required and continuous cleaning / wiping down of handles and surfaces.
- We would also be grateful if you could please remember to wear a mask when visiting our showroom as this is now a mandatory requirement.
We appreciate that there were a number of our customers who had surveys booked for windows and / or doors that had to be put on hold due to the lockdown. We will be contacting those customers to rearrange these appointments, which will start from Tuesday 26th May.
We would like to reassure all our customers whose homes we visit that we will be employing strict PPE measures for your safety and ours, including full face visors and gloves.
In addition we will be contacting customers on the day of your appointment to check that you are not feeling unwell and are still available for us to attend. In the case that we are unable to contact you we will leave a message and ask that you ring us back to confirm. Unfortunately if we are unable to speak with you we will be unable to attend and will have to make alternative arrangements. This is an extra precaution to ensure the safety of our staff.
We are hoping to be able to resume installations from 2nd June, again maintaining strict COVID-safe procedures. We are currently in the process of finalising our plans and guidance for both our fitting teams and customers, and will share these as soon as possible.
Again, we will be in touch shortly with those customers who had already placed their window / door orders to discuss installation, and will share with them the new procedures which we ask them to follow to ensure we all remain safe at all times.
If you would like to book a showroom appointment, or discuss your previously agreed survey or order, please give us a call on 01484 519677. For our current showroom opening hours please click here.
This plan remains subject to any new guidance or Government statements which may alter the above timeline.
Finally we would like to thank our staff and customers for their patience and support as we adjust to these new ways of working.
We look forward to seeing you soon.