How to make the most out of your outdoor living space
Published: 30th March 2021
In this blog post, we reveal our top tips on how to make the most out of your outdoor space.
What is an outdoor living space?
Outdoor living space is an area within your garden that you can use to relax and entertain. Due to recent lockdown restrictions, many of us have spent more time in our gardens than usual. With this in mind, there’s been a growing trend of transforming traditional gardens into idyllic outdoor spaces.
Creating the perfect outdoor living space?
Outdoor living spaces are much more than simply a patio or freshly cut lawn. In fact, they’re an extension of your home to the surrounding exterior spaces. There are various many ways that you can seamlessly blend your internal and external living spaces, including:
- Seating – no outdoor living space is complete without somewhere to sit. Depending on the size of your family and garden, there are many choices from a full-sized dining table and chairs to a compact bistro set for two.
- Outdoor fire pits – a classic mainstay of outdoor spaces is a scenic fire pit. Providing heat after sundown allows extended use of your outdoor area, especially when those warm summer nights fade into brisk autumn evenings.
- Get cosy – soft furnishings are one of the easiest and most cost-effective ways to transform your outdoor living space. Showerproof furnishings such as cushions, throws and an outdoor rug are an excellent way to bring the inside of your home outdoors.
- Creating ambience – bring your outdoor living area to life at night with garden lighting. From solar-powered festoon lights to mains powered spotlights, the options are unlimited.
- Get cooking – whether your preference is for charcoal or gas, lighting the BBQ on a gloriously sunny day is a pastime many of us enjoy.
- Faux grass – if you desire a perfectly manicured lawn with minimal maintenance, faux grass might be the option for you.
- Plants – there’s a variety of different plants to choose from to compliment the space you have available. Many traditional garden plants can also be found in smaller patio sized versions, which are ideal if you want to add some greenery to a balcony.
Extending your living space
Bi-fold and sliding doors are the most effective ways of extending your living room into your garden or balcony. Our slimline aluminium bi-fold and sliding doors can replace entire walls, enabling natural light to flood into the room as it seamlessly merges with your outdoor living space. With 10 different colours to choose from, you can customise your bi-fold and sliding doors to help achieve your dream aesthetic.
Additionally, bi-fold and sliding doors are fitted with Pilkington K glass to improve energy efficiency. These specially designed systems reflect heat back into your room, which allows you to retain heat and keep out cold draughts.
Interested in learning more about our bi-fold and sliding doors? Contact us today for a free, no-obligation quote and we’ll be happy to help.