How to Avoid Cowboy Builders
Published: 16th April 2012
According to recent research over £3.2 billion is spent in the UK on home improvement every year. But disturbingly, over £700 million is spent having shoddy work, done by unscrupulous cowboy builders, put right!
So, whether you're re-plumbing your bathroom, building an extension or having new windows and doors installed, how do you avoid being duped by a dodgy tradesman?
Here at Lockwood Windows, we know we only provide the highest standard of products and service, whether we're manufacturing and installing windows and doors to 16 houses on a new building development, or fitting a new composite front door for our next door neighbour. But how do you know you can trust us?
To be 100% sure of your chosen tradesman, we recommend:
- asking for references and following them up
- reading reviews/testimonials from customers (and not just those on the company's own web site)
- asking to see examples of their work
- checking their professional accreditations - for example we are registered with FENSA and are on the Top 100 register of the Master Window and Conservatory Installers Association.
- check the company or individual on 192.com which allows you to confirm that the company really exists and whether they have any CCJs against them.
Above all you have to feel comfortable and confident in your tradesman's capabilities; and trust them to do a fantastic job - not one that could leave you needing the services of Melinda & Dom from Cowboy Builders!