Environmentally friendly windows and doors from Lockwood Windows
Published: 14th August 2018
Lockwood Windows are committed to ensuring we work in the most sustainable and environmentally-friendly way possible.
PVCu windows & doors
To minimise the amount of waste we produce, we recycle all the offcuts from our PVCu windows and doors using a third party plastics recycling company. And if we are supplying replacements, we will also send our customers’ old PVCu windows and doors to be recycled.
We send our unused PVCu to Merritt Plastics in Derbyshire, who recycle the waste into new products. This keeps the non-biodegradable plastic out of landfill sites and puts it back into productive use. Merritt Plastics offer complete traceability, so have all the documentation needed to prove that any waste plastics we send them are handled responsibly and recycled into new products.
On top of this, we have also invested heavily to make sure that we manufacture the most energy-efficient window systems available on the market. You can find out more about the energy efficiency of our windows and doors here.
Our Solidor range of composite doors are also some of the most environmentally friendly and sustainable doors available. The main reasons for this are:
- All of the timber used in every Solidor door is harvested from sustainably managed forests
- While Solidor doors are hard-wearing and long-lasting, every door can be recycled at the end of its life
- All of our doors are manufactured in the UK to keep our carbon footprint to a minimum
- The profile of each door has five chambers and is completely lead-free
- Every door has a lead-free skin and edgebanding
Lockwood Windows are a specialist supplier of energy efficient, environmentally-friendly PVCu windows, doors and composite doors. If you’re looking for new or replacement windows and doors, give us a call on 01484 519677 or get in touch via the website.